Sunday, February 22, 2009

National Margarita Day


Today is National Margarita Day! What a fabulous idea. :) In my family, on very special occasions (like Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Fourth of July, or, er, National Margarita Day) my dad makes his Famous Margaritas. They are the most delicious margaritas I've ever tasted (including a pretty wide sampling of restaurants in New Mexico!), though the recipe is ridiculously simple:

Bob's Famous Margaritas
Equal parts fresh lime juice (of half lemon,
half lime) and tequila, 1/2 part triple sec, well mixed.
Salt the rim of your glass, add a lime wedge, and
serve on the rocks.

See? Simple! The trick is the use of fresh juice, NOT margarita mixer.

Happy National Margarita Day, everyone! Maybe next week I will post my mom's Indian taco recipe, which goes so well with the drink...

1 comment:

Blythe said...

didn't know it as National Margarita Day, but I think I'll celebrate it. :)