Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Emmys Fashion Post Mortem

The Emmys were last night! I actually only watched for about an hour before Masterpiece Mystery came on, but I caught the most important part--the red carpet pre-show! There were some great hits and misses, and lots and lots of messy hair...

Rose Byrne: Gorgeous dress! But was she that scary-skinny in Marie Antoinette and Troy?
Olivia Wilde: I can't figure this one out. It's--not good, especially the big zipper in illusion netting up the back. But it's not boring.
Tina Fey: Now this is okay, but it IS boring.
Sandra Oh: Glamorous!
Padma Lakshmi: Oh, Padma. You are Padma Lakshmi, one of the most gorgeous people on the planet! There is no excuse for this unflattering dress.
Elisabeth Moss: No.
Mila Kunis: I love this dark-ballerina dress, and wouldn't mind having one for myself! My second-favorite look of the night.
January Jones: My first-favorite look of the night! Different and sexy without being bizarre and slutty. Yay Betty Draper!
Heidi Klum: Gorgeous, of course, but how is it staying up?
Blake Lively and Leighton Meester: Will someone please help these poor girls?? Blake Lively, see my Padma comments--you are Blake Lively, winner of the genetic lottery, for heaven's sake! You do not need to show up on every red carpet always wearing slutting-looking dresses a size too small and 30 years too old. And Leighton, that dress is also too old (and too big) for you. You are the Gossip Girls!!!!
Drew Barrymore: This is a very pretty gown, but the Go Fug Yourself-ers had it dead-right when they said it's too much like a pale imitation of the very dramatic and memorable gown Penelope Cruz wore to the Oscars a couple of years ago
Chloe Sevigny: Surprisingly pretty!

Who are your faves and least-faves???

3 comments:

Kwana said...

Love your recap. I'm so with you. Thanks.

Keira Soleore said...

If I learned anything from PR recently, it's that Heidi Klum loves perky boobs, and that means, plenty o' boob tape in most of her gowns, since wearing a bra is not an option. She does not like common designer practice of having the boobs hang free to the waist. So, boob tape's what's holding up her boobs & gown.

I actually liked P. Lakshmi's gown, but perhaps it's hideous from the front? I have found January Jones to be continuously statuesque and lovely, nothing outre, but nothing boring either.

Megan Frampton said...

I hated Elizabeth Moss's dress, agree with you on Blake lively et al. I didn't hate padma's gown, and I liked Olivia wilde's. My doppelgänger Tina Fey was boring. January jones is just so beautiful, and her gown was gorgeous.