Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Globe Favorites!

It's awards season again, yay!!! I love settling onto the couch with some popcorn and a glass of wine (as well as the laptop, to see what everyone is saying on Twitter) to watch the red carpet arrivals and pick out some favorites. A few things I noticed at the globes--lots of black, quite a bit of various shades of peach and pink, some nice, icy blues, and a few ladies in white. Plus a lot of lank hair (but maybe that was the rain). Here are a few I liked this year:

Amy Adams: Cutest pregnant retro lady there!


Nicole Kidman: (very old-Hollywood. And can I say how awesome the red hair is?)



Zoe Saldana: (there are some actresses who can pull off stuff that would make ordinary mortals, or even other actresses, look ridiculous. Saldana is one of them. She looks fabulous)

Diane Kruger: (another one who can pull off very out-there, avant-garde-ish looks! The skirt here is a little fusty, and I have no idea what that white bit is at the waist, but I love the color)


Marion Cotillard: (I think I might have liked it more if the skirt was actually a whole skirt, without the odd lingerie-ish bit, but again I love the color and the structure of the bodice)


Emily Blunt: (soooo gorgeous! Maybe my fave of the night. And how cute is she with her fiance, aka that guy from The Office?)


Carey Mulligan: (she looks great, even though I have the terrible urge to tug that bodice up, or buy her a good bra! Love the blue and black combo. I was rooting for her to win for An Education, which alas did not happen)


Maggie Gyllenhaal


Ginnifer Goodwin (gorgeous color, love the short skirt)


Lea Michele, from Glee

(I also liked Reese Witherspoon and Kate Winslet, though could find no good full-length pics yet)

Who were your favorites? And tune in tomorrow when I look at gowns I either did not like or feel torn over...

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

I loved Emily Blunt's gown the most this year, followed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. I thought Meryl Streep did a good job,given she can look like she scavenged stuff from my mom's closet sometimes.

The Precious actress--not Mo'nique, but the lead--looked really good, considering her size and who was around her.

I hated many dresses, but I'll save that for tomorrow (hi, Julia!)

librarypat said...

Half the fun is seeing what everyone will wear. There were some really awful outfits.