Friday, August 11, 2006

Hello Kitty Friday


And today's Hello Kitty tidbit is--the HK Wedding Dress!

I've been trying to figure out who exactly might wear this dress. I might have, if I got married when I was, oh, say, six years old. That was the year I was totally enamored with Princess Diana's gown, and drove my mom crazy tying her freshly laundered bedsheets around my waist to be my long train. I also insisted on wearing my ballet recital tiara to school.

Maybe it would be for a bride getting married at Harmonyland, the HK amusement park. Hmmm.

5 comments:

Rinda Elliott said...

It's just as hideous as I imagined.

Cara King said...

You know, the scary thing is that, except for those Hello Kittys on it, I LOVE this dress!

I must confess my wedding dress had a huge poofy skirt too. Just call me Scarlett O'Cara... :-)

Cara

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Hey, send me a wedding pic, Cara, and I'll post it here (same for your prom, Rinda!)

I confess that once when I was engaged my favorite gown I tried on was a strapless white tulle embroidered with hundreds of tiny crystal beads, with a long fluffy train. I probably looked totally absurd in it, but I loved how floaty and cloud-like it was. Didn't have any Hello Kitty appliques, though. :)

Megan Frampton said...

I would TOTALLY wear that dress.

Thanks for posting, Amanda!

Cara King said...

Okay, Amanda, I sent you a pic! Gaze at it if you dare! :-)

Cara