Monday, May 23, 2005

Books--my fave!

So, I went to Barnes and Noble and got ALL the books I wanted (except for Gena's, which was not yet on the shelf--just an excuse to go back this weekend!), plus one more that just looked interesting. Emilie's Voice by Susanne Dunlap, not a romance but a historical novel set at the court of Louis XIV at Versailles, with the composer Marc-Antoine Charpentier as a character. (My day job is at a classical music radio station, so I'm kind of a sucker for things like that!). Also, since I felt bad about what I said about Gwyneth, I bought a new copy of Shakespeare in Love to replace the one I wore out from watching fifty gazillion times.

Right now, I'm reading A Date With the Other Side by Erin McCarthy. We always seem to be sitting next to each other at conference booksignings (the whole McC thing), and she's a lot of fun to talk to and hang out with. We ended up dancing until 1 in the morning at the Dorchester party at RT (looong after my roomies pooped out!). I hoped her books would be just as funny, and this one soooo is. The heroine leads "ghost tours" in a tiny town called Cuttersville, and the hero is a straight-laced (but very hunky!) big-city guy. The town is full of eccentric characters and mischevious ghosts. It's an absolute hoot, and very steamy, too. I highly recommend it. :)

Speaking of RT, I'll have to post about it tomorrow, because it was such a crazy, wild, margarita-fueled time. In the meantime, here is a pic of my pink, poufy dress from that sixth grade dance. Ignore the bad '80s perm, I beg you.

1 comment:

Gena Showalter said...

I know I've told you this but my absolute my favorite book of yours is Lady Midnight! That book totally rocks! So, so awesome. I swear you just get better and better!