Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back again!

As you may have noticed, I've been gone for a week now. I flaked out on blogging, I know, but I've been sick witha cold/sinusitis/who knows what. I feel a bit better now, aside from the medicine head. I'll miss that when they take the cough syrup away. :)

The plus side of being down, and not feeling like writing/researching, is I got some reading done. I read a couple really enjoyable things I picked up at the library:

Kate Harrison's "Starter Marriage", a Brit-chick-lit story. Once all the American pubs started coming out with all their chick-lit lines, their RDIs and Strapless and what-have-yous, I realized something important about this sub-genre. It's the "Brit" part I like the best. The heroines living in the "grotty bed-sits" and popping down to the pub with their mates to gripe about "blokes" and bosses. The American variety just isn't as much fun (IMO). This was a fun read, a bit predictable in the plot but an enjoyable journey.

Maria Snyder's "Poison Study", a hardback from Luna I picked up at the library because (shallow again) I liked the cover. It was a very intriguing fantasy read, and I can't wait for the sequel.

I also read an anthology of summer camp stories called "Sleepaway" (more about that one in a later post) and a travel narrative about Bhutan.

In other news (beyond books and meds), there's a huge Regency House Party week of fun and contests going on at Risky Regencies! Make sure and check it out, there are some fab prizes (if I do say so myself!). And Kelli has worked some of her online magic on updating my website. http://ammandamccabe.tripod.com

Now, I'm off for more cough syrup.

1 comment:

Kelli McBride said...

I empathize with the cold/sinusitis. It really makes you feel fit for nothing. ;-)

Glad to hear you're better.