Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Research

Lately I've been trying to do a little planning for a dream research trip to England which, if my budget cooperates, will hopefully happen late 2007/early 2008. I have to look into several subjects, including Sir Philip Sidney, the early life of Shakespeare, Tower of London in the 1580s, Lady Caroline Lamb, Nell Gwynn, and the Pre-Raphaelites. You see the problem. Too much to do, too little time, plus my head might explode from all the time-hopping! But I love all this stuff and am so looking forward to it. Right now, I'm scanning the Internet for info on sites related to these topics and trying to come up with a workable plan. This is not hard, as I'm a research geek, and I've found lots and lots of great websites! Will post some here soon. (Also, I'm taking all travel suggestions...)

In the meantime, check out this site, http://www.findagrave.com. It's given me hours of procrastinating fun (yes, I admit it, I'm morbid and easily amused!). Plus I can find useful tidbits, such as the fact that Caro Lamb is buried in the Hatfield churchyard, adjacent to Hatfield House, where Elizabeth I lived as a young princess. And Nell Gwynn is buried at the St. Martin in the Fields cemetery, though I can't find out exactly where that is at in relation to the church. I wish it was in the crypt, then I could have tea in their cafe down there while I look for her. :)

1 comment:

Betty S said...

The grave link is cool.