Thursday, October 01, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

This Thursday, in honor of Banned Books Week, I am shouting about my deep and lifelong love of libraries!!! Thanks to the shenanigans in Pennsylvania, we have a timely reminder not to take these wonderful places for granted.

When I was a kid, I got taken to the library every weekend (more often in the summer, if I whined enough about being bored), and I loved those days. I could go in, breathe in those lovely scents of paper and ink, and find all new worlds on the shelves. Best of all, I could even take them home (provided I stuck to the 30 book check-out limit). Today I could never support my book habit without them. Yay libraries!

What are your favorite library memories?

1 comment:

Kwana said...

I heart libraries. Even as a kid my favorite time was library time at school. So many possibilities. They are just the best. A favorite memory of mine is constantly taking Little Women from our school library. This edition had beautiful illustrations on some of the pages and I adored it.