Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

I know I said Things I Love Thursday wouldn't become just a blog about clothes and food, but--well, this time of year I just can't help it! I love pumpkin cheesecake (like this one from Paula Deen)...


Crust:

  • 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 stick melted salted butter

Filling:

  • 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
  • 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust:


In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

For filling:


Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
There are also pumpkin martinis, though I have not yet tried this one...
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 oz Sylk Cream Liqueur
  • 2 oz vanilla vodka
  • 1/2 oz pumpkin liqueur or pumpkin spice syrup
  • 1 tsp whipped cream
  • cinnamon stick for garnish

Preparation:

  1. Pour the Sylk Liqueur and vodka into a shaker filled with ice.
  2. Shake well.
  3. Add the pumpkin liqueur or syrup.
  4. Shake again.
  5. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
  6. Top with a teaspoon of whipped cream.
  7. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.

6 comments:

AvonLadyJerrica said...

Mmm...I love pumpkin anything! That recipe must be amazing, but it's way too many ingredients for me! LOL!

-Jerrica

Kim Swiderski said...

I'm not a pumpkin fan and there has only been one recipe that I have ever enjoyed it in. My mom makes an incredible pumpkin roll. Maybe I love it so much because of the cream cheese filling though. I love cream cheese filling, LOL. I'll have to check and see if I can find the recipe.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I've actually never liked pumpkin pie! My grandmother used to make a chocolate dessert at Thanksgiving just for me. But for some reason I do love pumpkin cheesecake. Must be the creaminess! :) (and almost any kind of martini is good with me...)

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I'm not a huge pumpkin pie fan but I love pumpkin muffins and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.

Carrie said...

Oh my h-e-double hockey sticks, I may have to try this. Thank you for the recipe, it looks divine! The husband is a finicky eater - he hates apple pie and yet still says he's an American. Harumph. Thanks again!

Keira Soleore said...

I think you'll have to convince your dad to abandon his holiday margaritas and replace them with these luscious pumpkin martinis.