Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

What I love today--archaeology! Like this story that came out this week about the discovery of the tomb of Princess Eadgyth, the oldest remains found of an English princess (granddaughter of Alfred the Great, she died in 946). I love stuff like this. In college, I flirted with the idea of studying archaeology (even took a couple entry-level classes) because of my love of antiquities and ancient history, but ended up using that in writing instead. Still, I'm a fan. :)

2 comments:

Oregon Kimm said...

I posted about Eadgyth on my facebook! Such an incredible find, isn't it? I love that someone else got excited about it too!!

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

It's a very exciting find! I can't wait to read more about it later, once the discovery has been further studied