Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I Read on Vacation

Back from vacation yesterday, and the time away was wonderful (even though getting caught up on the WIP and the piles of laundry is less so...)! I finished Mrs. Adams in Winter, did some research reading, etc, but the best thing was I got to lay out by the pool for a couple of hours, sip some iced tea, and read something for (gasp!) fun. It was pure luxury.

When I was a teenager/college student I read quite a lot of series titles--they were short-ish, so easy to fit in between studying, small for sticking in a purse on the run, and fun. I seldom have the chance to read them now, due to deadlines and such, but I'd been hearing such great things about this book online. And it was tons of fun! A librarian who wears vintage clothes, a New Zealand setting, a rock star hero--perfect vacation reading.


No comments: