Okay, in conjunction with my fab new Pride and Prejudice pic, I found this BBC Mastermind Quiz on Jane Austen's novels on one of my loops. I'm a proud Janeite, but was still only able to answer 8 correctly. Let me know how you do! I'll post answers soon. :)
1) Which of JA's heroines had lived in the world 21 years with little to distress or vex her?
2) Name Mr. Rushworth's country house.
3) Which card game did Mrs. Jennings arrange for old friends while Marianne awaited word from Willoughby?
4) What was the maiden name of Mrs. Norris, Mrs. Price, and Lady Bertram?
5) Which bone did little Charles dislocated allowing Anne to avoid meeting Captain Wentworth?
6) Which manufacturer made the mysterious piano sent to Jane Fairfax?
7) What was the name of Colonel Brandon's ward over whose seduction he fought a duel with Willoughby?
8) Which of JA's heroine prefers cricket and baseball to books, particularly books of information?
9) Which play does Tom Bertram 5 times propose to put on at Mansfield before agreeing to Lover's Vows?
10) Which material does Henry Tilney claim to be an authority on?
11) In S&S, what does Edward Ferrars say he takes more pleasure in than a watchtower?
12) To what does Sir Walter Elliott attribute Anne's improved complexion, saying that it had done away with Mrs. Clay's freckles?
13) At the Box Hill picnic, which two letters of the alphabet did Mr. Weston claim were the most perfect?
14) In which town does Mrs. Bennett's sister Mrs. Phillips live?
15) In which frigate, captained by Frederick Wentworth, had Richard Musgrove served?
16) In what capacity did Wickham's father serve old Mr. Darcy?