Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Henry VIII Anniversary


I wish I could take a trip to England this year! There's so many amazing events planned for the 500th anniversary of Henry VIII's accession to the throne. Now, I don't much like King Henry (though I do like several of his wives!), but there is no denying this period was fascinating. Some highlights of the anniversary include:

An exhibit at Windsor Castle

"Henry VIII Remembered"
at the National Portrait Gallery

An exhibit and related events (including films) about Henry VII and VIII in Richmond at the Museum of Richmond

"Henry VIII: Romance and Intrigue" at Sudeley Castle (the last home of his last wife, Katherine Parr)

Exhibits and events at Hever Castle (family home of wife two, Anne Boleyn! This one looks like a big, fun Renaissance Faire)

"Dressed to Kill"
at the Tower

Living History Weekend and Tudor Water Pageant, June 20-21 (I really, really wish I could see this!)

And much more. (Closer to home, I think the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington DC is having an exhibit in the fall...)

Anyone planning to attend any of these???

No comments: