Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Back!


I'm finally back home, with full computer access and 400 emails to wade through! I missed my email and blogs soooo much, but once in a while it's essential to have a break. Keeps my creativity from drying up (not a good thing when I have 3 projects on my plate and more in waiting!), and keeps me from going crazy (not to mention freezing in that "poised over computer with clawed hands" pose).

I was at a mineral spa up in the mountains, not far from Abiqiu, called Ojo Caliente. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous place, perfect for those times when what's needed most is peace and quiet (and the unknotting of muscles). Then there were a few days in Santa Fe, with some very un-spiritual shopping! Found a great dress for RWA this summer...

And, of course, there was reading. As usual, I hauled about a bajillion books with me (must get a Kindle soon!), but once I was there none of them appealed. The tiny bookstore had many spiritual-meditation type books, two romances, a few Southwestern-theme mysteries, and (for some reason) lots of YA. So I read Breaking Dawn (I know, I am wayyyy behind the curve there), and a very fairy-tale-ish book called The Amaranth Enchantment, which (I admit it) I bought for the beautiful cover, but which proved to be sweet and fun and just fantasy enough.

A great trip. But now I have piles of laundry to attend to...

2 comments:

Keira Soleore said...

Welcome back, home. See...I do read your blog, and even comment a time or two. Thanks the gods for Google Reader.

Kwana said...

Welcome back. So glad you had a nice trip.