Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Procrastination

To avoid actually writing for as long as possible today, I decided to take an inventory of my desk top. Not an actual cleaning--don't want to get too radical here. Just a look-see to find out what I have. So far:

3 pictures of Orlando taped to the computer
4 sticky notes--there are words written there, but my handwriting is so bad that I'm not sure what they say. I'm sure they're very important, though
3 bills, only 1 overdue
1 pile of receipts
1 Snickers with almonds wrapper
2 notebooks
4 disks, 2 without labels but also very important
1 book on Italian art history
1 Glamour magazine
1 dancing hula girl figurine
2 framed photos
1 cup full of pens, half of which write
1 cup of tea with something suspicious floating on top
2 RITA pins

And, at the moment, 1 black cat who wants to know what's going on here. She loves it when I start muttering to myself and shifting things around.

Now I guess I'd better pop in a disk (one that has a label) and get to work.

No comments: