Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday funnies

I have to run out the door soon to get my hair cut and highlighted (part of the "make Amanda presentable for conference" process), so this will be a short-short blog! Also, I'm not sure what to blog about since no one but me is interested in my angst over fitting everything I need into one suitcase. So I'm going to post links to a couple of funny articles for your weekend pleasure. :)

First, the New Yorker article titled "My Dog is Tom Cruise" (I know, I know, it's mean to kick a guy when he's already been kicked around like a soccer ball, but this article is one of the funniest things I've read in ages!)
http://www.newyorker.com/shouts/content/articles/050725sh_shouts


And my friend Bill sent me this article from the Guardian website--"Swimmers insured against Loch Ness monster bites". It seems that the participants in a race that involves a couple laps around Loch Ness can be insured for a million pounds against the possibility of a dinosaur taking a chunk out of their legs. Of course, "claimants would have to provide definite proof that the monster was responsible." And Nessie supporters are outraged that anyone would suggest he/she was anything less than gentle and sweet. You can check out the whole story at http://www.guardian.co.uk

No comments: