Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday funnies

Since I subjected everyone to my rants over the outcome of DWTS yesterday, I thought I'd better keep things light today. :) The Washington Post recently published their winning submissions in the annual Neologism Contest. These are some of my favorites:

Coffee (n.)-the person upon whom one coughs
Flabbergasted (adj.)-appalled over how much weight you have gained
Abdicate (v.)-to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach
Esplanade (v.)-to attempt an explanation while drunk
Willy-nilly (adj.)-impotent
Negligent (adj.)-describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown
Testicle (n.)-a humorous question on an exam
Rectitude (n.)-the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists
Pokemon (n.)-a Rastafarian proctologist
Oyster (n.)-a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish-isms

1 comment:

Rinda Elliott said...

Abdicate? LOL! Not sure I've given up all hope, but I sure do miss the flat abs.