Monday, September 05, 2005

Misc. Monday

I have a hodgepodge of news for you today! (I'm also supposed to be working, so it will be short!). First, the fun stuff: Janet Mullany and Elena Greene (two of my fellow Risky Regency bloggers) both got great reviews of their new releases at the Rakehell site. Cybil Solyn also has an excellent article there about the sad demise of the Regency genre. Check it out--http://www.rakehell.com

At the radio station where I work, we have been getting announcements of various charitable opportunities to aid Katrina victims. Most of them are local and of limited time, but there are a couple I wanted to share. The Lone Star Steakhouse chain is donating 100% of its proceeds from all its restaurants today (Labor Day) to the Red Cross. And the ASPCA is needing donations for both expeditions to rescue stranded pets and to set up shelters where they can be reunited with their owners. I adore my pets, and know it must be horrible to be parted from furry friends on top of everything else. Help them out if you can by going to their website.

That's it for today! :)

No comments: