Thursday, June 16, 2005

Cha cha cha

I had a very productive and responsible evening yesterday. I laid on my couch, ate miniature Heath bars, and watched Dancing With the Stars. What a ridiculously goofy, absurdly wonderful show that is! It reminds me of Circus of the Stars, which I loved as a kid. C-list celebs, clad in sparkly sequins, clumping their way through rumbas and waltzes. Perfect. :) I think that guy who played J. Peterman on Seinfeld is a ringer, though. I'll have to add DWTS to my astonishingly long list of guilty pleasures (The OC, Gilmore Girls, Hostess cherry pies, old Duran Duran songs, kung fu movies, cheap travel souvenirs, to mention just a few).

Which brings me to this--why can't we have Dancing With the Romance Authors? Maybe at RT or something, that seems like their cuppa. I'm always up for making a fool of myself in whatever way possible, I may as well try it in a samba. And I would LOVE one of those feathery dresses!!! No nasty judges, though, please. :)

1 comment:

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I guess it's good that at least it's not The Surreal Life--that show really does seem like scraping the bottom of the barrel :)