Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Monday

So, how do you all like the glimpse into my parents' 1970s abode? I had forgotten about the gold shag carpet and the naugahyde chair. :) We also had avocado-colored linoleum in the kitchen, a gold tweed sofa, and huge, hideous painting of the Flying Dutchman by moonlight painted by my aunt. What were we thinking??? But we had a lot of fun in that house, it was a great place to grow up. And my dad might not appreciate me showing everyone his groovy sideburns, but hey, at least I didn't go with the mountain-man beard photo.

One of my favorite hobbies is taking dance lessons, ballet, flamenco, a little tap. It's a lot of fun, and it fools my exercise-phobic butt into thinking it's NOT exercising. So last night my flamenco teacher says she and some friends are going to a new salsa club and do I want to go with them. Now, my experience with partnered dancing is strictly limited--one tango workshop, a long-ago pas de deux class, and many viewings of Strictly Ballroom, but I'm not one to turn down a chance to hear some great music and try something new. I looked like a total idiot, I'm sure, but it was a complete blast!!! (To the guy whose toe I probably fractured, I'm really sorry about that, dude). I'm hoping to go back very soon, and maybe fit in a few Latin dance classes. I really want one of those sparkly, swirly dresses. Rumba, anyone?

What I read this weekend--Jennifer Ashley's Confessions of a Lingerie Addict. What a fun book! It made me want to run out to Victoria's Secret or Agent Provocateur (if we had an AP here in this shopping wasteland!), and the hero Nick was absolutely yummy. I wished he was real so I could go out and find him for myself, and believe me I don't think that very often of fictional heroes. I laughed aloud at several of the scenes, especially the Easter lunch on the boat. A perfect book for a hot, lazy summer weekend. Now I'm reading MJ Putney's Stolen Magic.

Until tomorrow! :)

No comments: