Thursday, June 02, 2005

True confessions

A couple of days ago, I read an article in the NY Times Arts section about a site called postsecret.blogspot.com. This is an online confessional, but with a twist. Lazy confessors need not apply. You have to mail your secret anonymously on one side of a 4 X 6 postcard you make yourself. You have to WORK to confess.

Since I'm very nosy, this intrigued me, so I dashed over to this blog to check it out. It was a riot! One of my favorites was a postcard half a photo of the Pope's funeral, half the Survivor logo. The confession--"I deleted the Pope's funeral unwatched off my TiVo to make room for an episode of Survivor." Others said "I think my actor roommate is ugly and untalented" and "I don't care about recycling (but I pretend I do)".

So, here is my confession. I act like a music snob, but I watched the finale of American Idol. I also sing along to Kelly Clarkson songs in the car. I particularly like Since You've Been Gone. So there.

1 comment:

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

It's a defiant affirmation of my low-brow musical tastes while driving to work. :)