Monday, June 27, 2005

Summertime

What I love about summer:

1) Fresh tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
2) A glass of chilled Chardonnay on the patio, while I watch the dogs run through the sprinklers
3) Wearing sundresses and flip-flops every day
4) Shakespeare in the Park
5) The smell of fresh-cut grass and roses from the garden
6) Jumping into a cold pool when it's 95 degrees outside
7) "Beach books" (and no, Oprah, that doesn't mean As I Lay Dying, it means stuff like Bergdorf Blondes)
8) Daylight until 9 at night
9) Fireworks on the 4th of July (plus hotdogs and margaritas)
10) RWA National every July

What I don't like so much:

1) Living in Oklahoma, the nexus of humidity
2) Bathing the dogs after they've run through those sprinklers and then rolled in the mud
3) Ironing those sundresses
4) Lack of variety at the multiplex (do Star Wars and Batman really need 6000 screens in one theater, when You and Me and Everyone We Know isn't even playing??)
5) And the thing I hate most--mosquitoes!!! (They seem to looove me, though)

Happy belated beginning of summer! :)

1 comment:

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I've decided we need a new law, one that declares summer a vacation for everyone! Just like when we were kids. Time for pools and ice cream and reading Harry Potter and being bored. :)