Monday, June 13, 2005

Le weekend

So, I had a busy (and fun!) weekend. My book Star of India won the Holt Medallion, which I was VERY excited about!!! I've finaled in this contest before but never won--was beginning to think I had a big "L" stamped on my forehead. :) I also finished reading The Dark Queen, and loved it. It's a long book for a romance--over 500 pages--but it was so complex and full of activity and history that it flew by. Now I'm anxiously awaiting The Courtesan, Gabrielle's story, which I think is out in August. If I had it in my hot little hands I would devour it right now! Damn you, Susan Carroll, for not releasing these books all at the same time!!! Remy had better not be dead.

And last night I went to the movies and saw Layer Cake. I highly recommend this one, especially if you love twisty, clever caper movies like I do. The director was producer of Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and it has a similar style to those films, British-y, clever, sarcastic, violent in a stylized way. It follows the old formula of con man who wants to retire but gets pulled back in for one more job--up to a point. Then things get complicated. "Layered", if you will. :)

It's great to have a satisfying entertainment weekend, but alas it leaves me nothing to be snarky about. We can only hope for tomorrow.

No comments: