Friday, July 08, 2005

Readings

What am I going to do on Wednesdays without Dancing With the Stars??? I'm so sad it's over. My friend Kay and I were discussing the outcome and have come to the conclusion that it was all a network conspiracy! The winner, who BTW was a very bad dancer and a contrived "underdog" story, who was almost always lowest scored and then suddenly got all 10s, just happens to be a soap actress on that very network!!!! Conspiracy, I tell you. :) But I still loved it, and hope they do another version very soon. J. Peterman and his partner (who were robbed!) would make good hosts.

What I just finished reading: Gaelen Foley's One Night of Sin. A great book, very steamy and action-packed! I've wondered through the other Knight Miscellany books how Alec would be redeemed. He was, after all, a bit of a mess (to say the least), but he came together nicely in the end. The heroine, Becky, was enjoyable as well, good without being obnoxiously Virtuous (as heroines can so often be in redemption stories, and where is the fun in that?). Also a very, very nasty villain. I gobbled this one up and can't wait for the next one.

What I'm reading now: The Queen of Subtleties by Suzannah Dunne. Another take on the Anne Boleyn story (I'm an utter sucker for Tudor history), it alternates Anne's memoirs (written for her daughter to read some day) and the observations of Lucy, a cook in the royal kitchens. I like the two differing viwepoints but am not sure about the very modern language so far. I've been on such a historical fiction kick lately, since I may tackle a proposal for straight historical fic. myself when the Venice book is done. If there is one thing I've learned from DWTS it is that you have to step out of your comfort zone sometimes if you want to win the very cheesy disco ball trophy. :)

No comments: