Monday, August 29, 2005

The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Read an interesting article in the Arts section of the NY Times this morning. It seems there's a new "religion" out there, Pastafarianism, whose central figure is The Flying Spaghetti Monster. The creator of all things. It "resembles human brains" in its tangle of spaghetti (or linguini? There seems to be a schism). I got a big laugh out of this, which was good since work was very boring, and I checked out the website. http://www.venganza.org. Check it out. :)

5 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Hey, there might be a Flying Spaghetti Monster, but I've been a Pastafarian for years. In fact, I was just at our annual gathering, the Nantucket Spaghetti Festival. (This is not held on Nantucket, nor is it an 'official' festival.) Our group of friends has gotten together for 30 years and we grabbed the Pastafarian culture. *g* (I've been blogging about it recently myself!) Too funny a coincidence.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

LOL! Count me among the Pastafarians, then, if it means I can consume endless quantities of ravioli and penne :)

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Hey, BTW, is this Mary Stella who wrote All Keyed Up? What a fun, fun book!

Rinda Elliott said...

Oh, I just love this!! I'm getting a t-shirt. Maybe we should both get them and wear them to the next OK meeting. LOL

Rinda

Kelli McBride said...

This is hilarious. I can't wait to share it with my friends!!

Go FSM!