Thursday, February 09, 2006

Working and chats

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been a slacker lately, but there just hasn't been much going on this week. Working, reading, doing the blah winter thing. :) Megan says she can stay motivated to write by posting goals on her blog. If everyone else sees it, maybe it's harder to slack off? So, while I wait to hear to about projects "out there" I will research a new project, finish some pages on a new romance I've been thinking about, and try not to worry.

I'm going to be chatting at The Mystic Castle website, http://www.themysticcastle.com. 9:00 EST, so if you can make it please, please come! I dread these chats, am always afraid I will be alone there, talking to myself. :) And The Mystic Castle is a fun website to visit, if you're a fan of historical romance.

5 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Hey, you gave me props! How cool! I am going to try to be there tonight, and good luck. Saw your latest at my local B&N, too--I am saving it as a Goal (also known as a study break) for when I actually write some NEW stuff.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Megan, I'm also trying to take your advice about limiting email and Web surfing. But it's HARD!

Rinda Elliott said...

9:00 tonight? Friday night? Darn it.

I've been wondering what you've been up to lately. Goals. Yay. I just set goals myself but I'm seriously worried about posting them on my blog. But then... I'd be too embarrassed to fail...

Megan Frampton said...

Okay, so next thing I knew I looked up and it was 10:00. Sorry, Amanda, I really wanted to be there.
It IS hard to limit the surfing--but if you do, you'll feel so much better about yourself. Honestly. Days I just surf and blah around are the worst, even though I have fun reading everyone's thoughts.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

I feel more virtuous already! And I did get more done today on research and some outlining than I would have if I spent my usual amount of time reading blogs and looking at ebay. It's hard to feel like I'm "missing" something, though! :)