Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Elizabethan Week Day Two: Elizabeth on Film

Welcome to Elizabethan Week, Day Two!  I am celebrating my favorite historical era all week to mark the release of my first Ekizabethan Mystery, Murder at Hatfield House!!!  (Out today!  See it here on Amazon...)  Elizabeth here is very happy about it. :)

Today we're going to take a look at various actresses who have taken on the Herculean task of embodying the queen on film.  There are a LOT of them, so let's get started!





 Elizabeth Number One:  Cate Blanchett (the younger and the older...)


 Helen Mirren


 Anne-Marie Duff


 Glenda Jackson


 Bette Davis


 Flora Robson




Judy Dench


Who is your favorite Elizabeth????  (when I'm working on the mystery series, since it's set in the late 1550s, I see Cate Blanchett in my mind most of the time...)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just bought your book!! I love books featuring my favorite queen!! It looks like it is going to be a great book!! I do love the Queen Elizabeth doll in your picture. Where did you get it? Thanks!!