Happy October, everyone! I was just looking at my posts, and I haven't been here since--August?? How did that happen? September just seemed to fly by here, and now we are in my favorite time of year, spooky season. We just went up to the mountains to look at the aspens changing color (New Mexico is glorious this time of year), and it was stunning.
It's also a good time of year to get cozy, wrap up in a fuzzy blanket, make some tea, and start writing. I've just started the 5th Flora Flowerdew mystery, and book 4, The Peril in the Piazza, will be out November 10! You can pre-order here...
A witty, atmospheric Victorian cozy mystery featuring an intrepid lady sleuth, her devoted duke, and a psychic Pomeranian, as a patriarch's murder pulls them into the candlelit secrets—and ghosts—of Venice.
When the formidable patriarch of the Barbaro family is found murdered in his palazzo, suspicion settles on his grown children, each nursing a grievance hidden beneath the family's polished façade. But there's another suspect Flora Flowerdew can't dismiss: Rose, her old friend and the dead man's beautiful young second wife, who claims innocence yet is plainly hiding something.
Flora doesn't investigate alone. Benedict, the Duke of Everton, is never far—his growing place in her heart nearly as unsettling as the case—nor is Chou Chou, her uncannily psychic Pomeranian, who seems to know far more about the sinister palazzo than any dog should.
As they follow the trail through shadowed canals and the misty labyrinth of Venice, they unearth a darker history the Barbaros have buried deep—one someone, or something, is determined to drag into the light. Then the ghosts begin to appear.
I just finished a giveaway to newsletter subscribers with a "Regency" theme! Watch for a "Victorian" theme prize next month to celebrate the return of Flora. You can always subscribe here (current subscribers are already entered!)
And...my Secretary to the Socialite was a New Mexico Book Awards Finalist in Historical Fiction!!! Yay!
And here are a few fun reads for this Sunday. See you soon!
A hobbit-themed airbnb on a llama farm! Near me! I must go to there...
Regency-inspired runway looks (between this and "literary girl core" I am finally trendy)
And how to style the Regency-core trend
Queen Elizabeth I owned thousands of dresses, only one scrap remains
The Duchess of Windsor's jewels
The right way to eat steak frites



No comments:
Post a Comment