Saturday, May 28, 2005

Favorite movie!!!

Hey, I just realized Roman Holiday is on TV!!!! Just had to make a quick post sine I'm here anyway. :) This is one of my all-time fave movies. I'm a nut about Audrey Hepburn, always wanted to "be" her. Anyway, this movie always picks me, though I usually cry at the end (I also cry at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's, every single freakin' time, even though I know she finds the dang cat). One of my own books was even based on RH, Lady in Disguise. A girl, niece of a count in the Russian delegation, sneaks away from her strict guardians during the 1815 peace celebrations in London in order to have some real fun. And, of course, she meets Gregory Peck, or someone very like him. I loved writing that book. That couple, Jack and Emma, was one of the most fun to spend time with of all my characters.

Oooh, now here's the scene where they fight with the royal goons at the dance, and jump into the lake, and kiss!!! Gotta go. :)

2 comments:

Evangeline Holland said...

Ah Romance Holiday. Audrey Hepburn. I love them both. I fact, there was a time when all I watched were Audrey Hepburn movies and read biographies on her. *GGG* I swear, I wasn't obsessed.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

LOL! No, I am not obsessed. Of course not. :) For Christmas a few years ago, someone gave me a book called Audrey Style, which purported to tell you how to do your makeup and dress to look just like Audrey. I did try the "Funny Face" eyeshadow, but I have to say I looked nothing like her. Should have asked for their money back, I guess. :)