Saturday, May 28, 2005

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition

I'm a blog slacker! And only a few days after I started the dang thing, too. Sigh. I've just been smothered by relatives this weekend. My cousin's in town with her 2 kids (her 13 year old daughter says she loves my YA!!), my aunt had her 70th birthday party, and there's a cook-out/swimming thing tomorrow. I'm starting to feel like crawling into my introvert hole now. :)

I love my family, I really do. They're crazy, but they're MY crazy. But I get enough of their questions after a while. My aunt (who, BTW, married for the first time in her 60s) constantly pesters me about my love life or lack therof. I turn into a sullen teenager when she tries to talk to me about S-E-X; I start shrieking "Ew, ew, ew!" and clap my hands over my ears. My grandmother always reminds me that when she was my age she already had 4 kids. Uh-huh, but she married when she was 15!!! I shudder to think what my life would be like if I was married to the boyfriend I had at 15. Ew again. And then there are the relatives (like my deadbeat uncle) who think that because I have published books I am now filthy rich. Ha, I say!! And ha again!

All in all, I would prefer the comfy chair torture. But it will all be over soon, they will go home and I can crawl into my quiet hole and write again! Or read email and download pics from theorlandobloomfiles.com.

No comments: