Saturday, October 28, 2023

Weekend Links


 Happy Saturday, everyone!  It's my favorite time of year--almost Halloween!  I love the crisp leaves, the cooler nights, the lovely apples (and apple pies) at farmers market, getting out my (copious) collection of scarves.  And watching spooky (not gory!) movies and reading creepy books (just finished "Small Angels," it was delightfully creepy...).  What are some of your favorites?  Let me know in the comments, and in the meantime here's a few things to read...

(I'm also hoping to have some more "Heroine of the Week" posts soon!  Let me know who you might like to see profiled)





The opulent film locations of "The Gilded Age"

How protect your local library (from Ask a Manager, a wonderful advice site!)

A designer lover's guide to Venice

The British Library digitizes its collection of Chaucer 

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt (how did films get the battle right or wrong?)

Birthplace of the Bronte sisters goes up for sale

12 best things to do in Santa Fe

They said it was a masterpiece...when they thought a man painted it

The Francophile gift guide (for the Francophile in the your life, cough cough, me)


No comments: