Sunday, March 26, 2006

Shallow Sunday

I don't usually wear much makeup (mostly because I'm usually running late in the morning, and do good to swipe on mascara and lipgloss), but I'm a product addict. I'm never happier than when I'm at a makeup counter or the beauty product aisles at Target, digging through lipgloss, bronzer, moisturizer, whatever. And, while I generally stay loyal to my old favorites (Maybelline Great Lash, Evelyn perfume from Crabtree and Evelyn, etc) I will buy and try almost anything. So I was VERY excited to see an article in the NY Times last week on beauty blogs! I checked out all the ones they listed, and here are some good ones:

http://www.beautyaddict.blogspot.com
http://www.blogdorfgoodman.blogspot.com
http://www.productgirl.com
http://www.scentzilla.com

And, of course, there is always Sephora. And Boots. I discovered their Evening Primrose bath products on a trip to England, and love it. I just need to make another trp to London to stock up... :)

Anyway, what are some favorite beauty sites of yours? Or favorite products? I will probably try them out.

3 comments:

Betty S said...

I LOVED scentzilla.
I'm not much of a make up person. I think a woman comes to an age were make up can make her look silly instead of younger. I think I'm flirting with that age -- Or maybe its a wrinkle threshold level. Your face just sort of starts slipping and a lot of make up makes it look like you are trying to draw it back into place. Its a sad thing.

Of course, you, my dear, are nowhere near that point.

Ah... but perfume.
I have always love perfumes.

Rinda Elliott said...

I'm easy on makeup, but I can't do without some of my hair products. Number 1 is Super Skinny by Paul Mitchell. Without it, I have frizz. Hate frizz.

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Ahhh, perfume! I love everything that smells good, especially candles. Can't do without the Yankee Candle called Fresh Cut Roses.

Since I cut my hair short, I mostly just use my old standby, Pantene shampoo and hair gel. My mother loves the Redken protein treatments.