Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Trivia


I found out yesterday, December 22, marks the day the first string of Christmas lights was created by Thomas Edison! (In 1882). With pre-lit trees now (which I LOVE), I don't have to wrestle with strings of lights too much, but I remember when I was a kid it took my dad hours to get them untangled (why did we not wind them neatly on something when we put them away the year before? Because that would make too much sense, of course!), wrapped properly around the tree, and then turned on (because there were always one or two burned out, natch). There was unhappiness and cursing, but in the end the tree looked beautiful. And I always got to put the angel on the top!

Ahhh, memories. :)

Just a half day of work today, then I am off until after New Year's! Going to see The Young Victoria tonight, I'm so excited.....

1 comment:

Kwana said...

Christmas lights are the best. Enjoy the movie.