Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things I Love Thursday


I love perfumes, but it's been a while since I've found a new one to love! (So many of the new ones I try smell too much like a fruit salad, so I just go back to my old stand-bys, like Coco Mademoiselle! Though I'm looking forward to warmer weather when I can go back to using my bottle of DSH's Eau de Trianon every day). I was so happy to see this review of Balenciaga Paris at the Now Smell This blog.







I've been looking forward to this one because: 1) The name, of course! I'm a sucker for anything with "Paris" in the title (though I couldn't bring myself to try YSL Parisienne because Kate Moss is the spokesmodel...) 2) It's a violet chypre. I love violets (one of my favorite perfumes is Guerlain's Apres L'Ondee) 3) And because Charlotte Gainsbourg is the spokesmodel! I have such a girl-crush on her (shallow, I know). I finally got to do a sniff last weekend, and it smells wonderful. Not too heavy, not too fruity-sweet, modern but classic. As the review says, it's "quietly elegant," "modern and grown-up." And it smells "French" to me, perfect for a bike ride along the boulevards and dinner at a little neighborhood bistro. I will definitely be buying a bottle. Yay for new finds!


What are your favorite perfumes??

No comments: